2020 continues to be the rollercoaster ride year with twists, turns and ups and downs and loop-de-loops and one can’t seem to find a way off. But really all in all I’m going to keep riding the ride where it goes. I’ve got some good company along the way and we just take care of each other and stay safe with masks on.
Funny thinking of the before fore, before pandemic life. Some stuff feels like just yesterday. My Guy Dave (MGD) and I were just talking about how a long road trip we took and our wedding didn’t feel like years passed. But going to restaurants and movies, that feels like it’s been forever, ever.
A year ago…we were excited for X-mas and having an almost one year old at the time was making it fun, but after a family gathering the Sunday before someone was germy and Dave woke up X-mas day feeling ick, that night he had a fever and then the next night our kiddo started coughing, her temperature rose and we found ourselves in the ER (first time parents we had to be sure) and yup kiddo’s first virus was doozy.
Who knew then what 2020 would be…
But it’s just a reminder to me that we have to stay safe and keep taking care. We’re doing our part to stay healthy and that makes me feel good.
Movie watching happens here and there, Saturday night is the night we try for movie nights. The kiddo knows Saturdays are movie nights, we make popcorn and eat candy, she likes gummy bears. Some nights we get through a movie, but it’s fun quality time. I’m not very good at keeping my movie list this year, I feel like I’ve left some stuff off, but since I last shared movies I’ve seen some fun things.
13. AIRPLANE (1980) – 7/26/20 – HULU/NETFLIX – RESEE
14. THE LAND UNKNOWN (1957) – 7/27/20 – SVENGOOLIE
15. EUROVISION SONG CONTEST: THE STORY OF FIRE SAGA (2020) – 7/30/20 – NETFLIX
16. CREATURE WITH THE ATOM BRAIN (1955) – 8/8/20 – SVENGOOLIE
17. DORA AND THE LOST CITY OF GOLD (2019) – 8/11/20 – Hulu (KIDDO’S FIRST MOVIE!!!!!)
18. Bill & Ted Face The Music (2020) – 8/29/20 – Google Rental
19. GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (2014) – 9/5/20 – DISNEY PLUS – RESEE
20. GOLDEN EYE (1995) – 9/6/20 – Netflix – Reese
21. CRAWL (2019) – 9/24/20- Hulu
22. Hocus Pocus (1993) – 10/4/20 – Disney+ – Resee
23. SAVE YOURSELVES! (2020) -10/10/20 – Hulu
24. CHARLIE’S ANGELS (2019) – 11/8/20 – Starz –
25. PERRI (1957) / – 10/15/20 (FINISHED) – DISNEY+
26. THE ADVENTURES OF ICHABOD AND MR. TOAD (1949) – 10/15/20 – DISNEY+
27. Jumanji: The Next Level (2019) – 10/17/20 – Starz
28. SPONTANEOUS (2020) – 10/18/20 – STREAMING
29. CHARLIE’S ANGELS (2019) – 11/08/20 – Starz
30. Elf (2003) – ?? – Hulu
31. Tremors Shriekers Island (2020) – 11/16/20 – Netflix
32. WHITE CHRISTMAS (1954) – 11/29/20 – Netflix
YAY! MOVIES!!! Yup, DORA AND THE LOST CITY OF GOLD (2019) is my kiddo’s first movie, she watched it with interest most of the way through, I had to assure her things would be okay. SWIPER THE FOX is the coolest Fox ever and well Dora was kick-ass! I loved the movie. I watched a lot of DORA back in the day with my nieces as they were growing up and so the movie got me from beginning to end. My kiddo is quite the Dora fan now. And sometimes when we want something silly to watch we watch the SWIPER scene and the finale song from the movie now and again, a few times in a row. (Kid TV watching is something.)
BILL & TED FACE THE MUSIC was the best and it was a movie I needed more than anything with all going on in the world.
CHARLIE’S ANGELS was a lot of fun and I’m sorry I missed the action on the big screen in 2019.
TREMORS Shriekers Island should have been better…yes I have a standard for my TREMORS movies.
WHITE CHRISTMAS is fantastic, I’m glad I finally watched it all and my kiddo enjoyed those dance numbers right along with me. That’s a movie that makes me love movies more. And it was the right movie to kick off the Christmas holiday season. (I’m listening to more Christmas music this year than ever!!!!!)
We really are getting into the holiday spirit and feel Christmas this year will be fun, all for the kiddo. The tree is up, the lights twinkle, she is excited for Santa Claus and sings SANTA CLAUS IS COMING…TO TOWN. (Melts me every single time!)
18. DR. JEKYLL AND MR. HYDE – Robert Louis Stevenson – audiobook
19. SHARDS OF HONOR PART 1 OF CORDELIA’S HONOR – Lois McMaster Bujold
20. DEVOTION – Patti Smith – audiobook
21. THE LEFT HAND OF DARKNESS – Ursula Le Guin – audiobook (BBC adaptation of the book)
22. ART MATTERS – Neil Gaiman – audiobook
23. THE CELEBRATED JUMPING FRON OF CALAVERAS COUNTY – Mark Twain – audiobook/short
24. BARRAYAR – PART 2 OF CORDELIA’S HONOR – Lois McMaster Bujold
25. ZEN IN THE ART OF WRITING – Ray Bradbury
26. DEATH IS A LONELY BUSINESS – Ray Bradbury
27. FALLING FREE – Lois McMaster Bujold
28. THE WATER BABIES – Charles Kingsley
29. YEAR OF THE MONKEY – Patti Smith – audiobook
30. ON THE BEACH – Nevil Shute
YAY BOOKS!!! I’ve been able to read so much and that makes me happy. I usually go to my books whenever I get a moment, with glasses now! The audiobooks are fun too, getting fun stuff via Libby and the library!
MGD recommended the author Lois McMaster Bujold to me and she is now one of my favorites ever! CORDELIA’S HONOR captivated me every moment and it’s so full of life and real characters. Glad I read that after having my kid, yup. MGD likes to remind me he read it while I was pregnant and it was tough. I’m on to the MILES series and it gets real intense I have to take breaks.
THE WATER BABIES was unusual fun, old fashioned style and still so relevant. I grew up on the movie THE WATER BABIES and the movie is much different, I absolutely enjoyed the adventure I read.
And I finally read ON THE BEACH. I was sad the entire way, but also hooked where I read that book every chance I could to get to the end, though I knew how it would end. I will say that the movie did a pretty good job of capturing the book. Nevil Shute is also one of my top faves since I discovered him last year. He can write people and places that are so vivid and heartbreaking. WAHHHHHHH!!! People read ON THE BEACH or see the movie, but it’s so sad!!!!
I am grateful for movies and books during these crazy day.
Life has it’s moments and I get more happy times with MGD and my kiddo. They are my all. Our little kiddo, Hilde; she’s amazing, growing fast, almost 2 and she fills us with Joy every moment. I’m grateful to be working at home to see her every day. It’s been one of the most fortunate things to come from all that’s going on. And though she keeps me on the edge of the bed most nights (yea we co-sleep) I wouldn’t trade it for anything else out there.
I’ve been anxious to try and find time to ramble on and on, and I finally took the time to get here. It’s really just for me, memory wise, to get a few things spilled out. I’m not going to spew it all, but all that matters right now is I’m happy and healthy and so is my family. I’m doing all I can to keep them so and that goes for my folks too, who we live with, and I’m extremely THANKFUL that they’re here along for the ride and spoiling my kiddo.
I just want everyone to stay safe, stay healthy and be happy. It’s not easy. Every day I just take it as it goes or comes. I’m thankful a change is coming, with a Madam Vice President! OH it makes me excited for my kiddo to have that too.
As life is going to continue to be a ride I hope all out there keep on going. We got to keep going together, encourage each other, and be nice. Be nice, yup.