I am happy 2021 is here, but it’s already been a rollercoaster ride, hasn’t it, with all the politics getting cranked to 11 soon after it all started?! But, now with a new Pres. and woman Vice Pres., it feels a bit more hopeful than usual. Still, I know we got to keep paying attention to what’s happening out there in the big world.
I am doing my best to keep focusing on my family, staying home, keeping safe and taking it day by day.
My kiddo is now 2 yeas old! WHOOOO! We fed her lots of chocolate cake, and spoiled her with new toys. She’s an amazing, fun, sweet and super awesome kid who just amazes me each and every day. YUP.
I’m utterly grateful I get to work from home and be there to hear all the fun she’s having when I’m busy. I often can’t believe where we were a year ago and what it’s like now. Once again I’m just glad/thankful we’re doing all we can to stay healthy and happy. That’s really all I ask for; Happy and Healthy. Yup, Yup, Yup.
Just to warp up 2020 (better late than never), I’m going to list all my movies watched and books read to have the list compiled together in once place:
1. TROOP ZERO (2019) – 3/3/20 – Amazon
2. THE SIGN OF ZORRO (1958) – 3/14/20 – DISNEY+
3. HELLBENDERS (1967) – 3/17/20 – DVD
4. KNIVES OUT (2019) – 3/21/208* – BluRay
5. JOJO RABBIT (2019) – 3/21/20* – BluRay
6. COLOR OUT OF SPACE (2018) – 3/26/20 – BluRay
7. A TOWN LIKE ALICE (1981) TV MINI-SERIES – 3/30/20 – DVD
8. ONWARD (2020) – 4/5/20 – DISNEY +
9. FAST COLOR (2018) – 5/13/20 – HULU*
10. NATIONAL TREASURE (2004) – 6/28/20 – DISNEY+
11. THE LOVEBIRDS (2020) – 7/11/20 – Netflix
12. PALM SPRINGS (2020) – 7/15/20 – HULU*
13. AIRPLANE (1980) – 7/26/20 – HULU/NETFLIX – RESEE
14. THE LAND UNKNOWN (1957) – 7/27/20 – SVENGOOLIE
15. EUROVISION SONG CONTEST: THE STORY OF FIRE SAGA (2020) – 7/30/20 – NETFLIX
16. CREATURE WITH THE ATOM BRAIN (1955) – 8/8/20 – SVENGOOLIE
17. DORA AND THE LOST CITY OF GOLD (2019) – 8/11/20 – Hulu (KIDDO’S FIRST MOVIE!!!!!)
18. Bill & Ted Face The Music (2020) – 8/29/20 – Google Rental
19. GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (2014) – 9/5/20 – DISNEY PLUS – RESEE
20. GOLDEN EYE (1995) – 9/6/20 – Netflix – Reese
21. CRAWL (2019) – 9/24/20- Hulu
22. Hocus Pocus (1993) – 10/4/20 – Disney+ – Resee
23. SAVE YOURSELVES! (2020) -10/10/20 – Hulu
24. CHARLIE’S ANGELS (2019) – 11/8/20 – Starz –
25. PERRI (1957) / – 10/15/20 (FINISHED) – DISNEY+
26. THE ADVENTURES OF ICHABOD AND MR. TOAD (1949) – 10/15/20 – DISNEY+
27. Jumanji: The Next Level (2019) – 10/17/20 – Starz
28. SPONTANEOUS (2020) – 10/18/20 – STREAMING
29. CHARLIE’S ANGELS (2019) – 11/08/20 – Starz
30. Elf (2003) – ?? – Hulu
31. Tremors Shriekers Island (2020) – 11/16/20 – Netflix
32. WHITE CHRISTMAS (1954) – 11/29/20 – Netflix
33. THE CHRISTMAS CHRONICLES PART 2 (2020) – 12/25/20 – Netflix
- On What Grounds – Cleo Coyle
- The Face In The Frost – John Bellairs
- A Town Like Alice – Nevil Shute
- The Cat Who Could Read Backwards – Lillian Jackson Braun (audiobook)
- The Case of The Velvet Claw – Erle Stanley Gardner (audiobook)
- The Ghost and Mrs. Mcclure – Alice Kimberly
- The Case of The Sulky Girl – Erle Stanley Gardner (audiobook)
- The Case of The Lucky Legs – Erle Stanley Gardner
- Sonnets – Shakespeare – read by Sir John Gielgud (audiobook)
- Beowulf (audiobook)
- The Demu Trilogy – F.M Busby
- The Canterville Ghost – Oscar Wilde (audiobook)
- Elevation – Stephen King (audiobook)
- PET – Akwaeke Emezi (audiobook)
- The Case of The Howling Dog – Erle Stanley Gardner (audiobook)
- The Poet X – Elizabeth Acevedo (audiobook)
- Miss Fisher Cocaine Blues – Kerry Greenwood (audiobook)
- DR. JEKYLL AND MR. HYDE – Robert Louis Stevenson – audiobook
- SHARDS OF HONOR PART 1 OF CORDELIA’S HONOR – Lois McMaster Bujold
- DEVOTION – Patti Smith – audiobook
- THE LEFT HAND OF DARKNESS – Ursula Le Guin – audiobook (BBC adaptation of the book
- ART MATTERS – Neil Gaiman – audiobook
- THE CELEBRATED JUMPING FRON OF CALAVERAS COUNTY – Mark Twain – audiobook/shor
- BARRAYAR – PART 2 OF CORDELIA’S HONOR – Lois McMaster Bujold
- ZEN IN THE ART OF WRITING – Ray Bradbury
- DEATH IS A LONELY BUSINESS – Ray Bradbury
- FALLING FREE – Lois McMaster Bujold
- THE WATER BABIES – Charles Kingsley
- YEAR OF THE MONKEY – Patti Smith – audiobook
- ON THE BEACH – Nevil Shute
Yea! Movies and Books! YAY!!! Yup!
So what else is going on? Well days just zip on by. I keep wanting to find time to ramble and ramble about want to ramble about movies or nerdy things…and well here I am! YAY!
Movie Rambles! Our Saturday movie nights have been filled with popcorn and candy. We’ve been diving into musicals, the musicals are fun for kiddo, as she likes the singing and dancing, dances along (making us dance around too) and when the songs are over gets to go back to her toys. Sometimes though she drags me to another room and that stops the movie time. Oh, we have been able to get back to renting a few fun things from VIDÉOTHÈQUE! Yay! (Keep helping those local businesses!)
We’re really digging old Doris Day flicks, the most recent one ON MOONLIGHT BAY (1951) was super cute, she’s a tomboy but that changes when she meets her new neighbor…but do they believe in marriage? The little brother stole the show. ROMANCE ON THE HIGH SEAS (1948) was adorable and fun with characters swapping names, falling in love and singing.
Kiddo loved ANCHORS AWEIGH (1945) and watching Gene Kelly makes me so happy. Our favorite discoveries include BORN TO DANCE (1936) and BEST FOOT FORWARD (1943). BORN TO DANCE had amazing dance numbers, a fun cast including Eleanor Powell, Buddy Ebsen and Jimmy Stewart and ended just right. I wished I could have watched it twice. BEST FOOT FORWARD had Lucille Ball playing herself; she is trying to get some career publicity and gets caught up in a mix up when she attends a dance with a fanboy cadet at Winsocki Military Academy.
All these movies have been fun, I really just want to keep watching things that make me happy. I’ve got an ever growing list of serious stuff to watch, but there will be a time and place for that later down the line. Give me my happy place…
Oh, we did get to watch AN AMERICAN PICKLE (2020) in one sitting! That was a very awesome accomplishment here. It was fun, not all that I expected and that was a good thing.
Last night we had a Sunday movie night with more Doris Day in MY DREAM IS YOURS (1949) and we have 40 minutes to go, hoping to finish that tonight or soon.
As life keeps on going on this spinning world, I’m sending out good vibes. We’ve had family and friends in Texas dealing with hard times during the bad weather. I’m happy to report they’re doing well though it all, yup.
There’s not much else excitement wise to share, just happy to have some chill times, but you never know what twists and turns could come your way. Today we found a lost dog and happy that we helped it find it’s way home, yup. So good juju, yup.
Now, let’s all just stay safe, mask up and be well. Before I know it I’ll be another year older, and that’s fine with me. (March b-day for me and My Guy Dave coming…) I truly hope all out there keep taking care too and find a happy place every chance you can, yup! YUP!