Watching movies! That’s what I wish I could be doing all the time…(I am finally over 100 movies adding together my new and re-sees! Whew…) And writing about movies is what I should absolutely be doing more of too, yup! Too bad that I love to procrastinate! Oh, how I am easily distracted and I’ll just make up excuse as life goes on and on because the world is crazy! But that nonsense should be put aside to share the happy, and the fun and so here’s a little list and some rambling about what has filled my eyes and mind when I do find the time to sit in front of a TV or big screen. Yup.
The fun is sharing movies with friends and I got to see movies at Rosemead High with their film club back in May for a marathon! There was actually one movie I had never seen too! I am very lucky that I can join in that event with some awesome friend who love movie marathons as much as I do! Yup!
WONDER WOMAN finally hit the big screen and that was a big ball of emotions for me. (I’m wearing my Wonder Woman tiara now as I write this!) I got to see WONDER WOMAN twice, the second time was with my nieces, Celia and Effie, and that second time it still packed a teary good punch! (The tears of joy are a good thing!) It’s kind of hard to explain just what brings those tears in Wonder Woman; there’s tears of joy, tears in reaction to things going on, and the feeling that a WONDER WOMAN movie was long overdue, more tears of joy.
More highlights: My friend, Karen, was back from Ireland and we got to check out a documentary on the Kings Hockey commentator Bob Miller called VOICE OF THE KINGS! There was a Q&A and of course we got to met him too! GO KINGS GO!
I got to show Celia THE LOST BOYS and she dug it, she’s getting a small taste for horror things! YEA!!! I appreciated that Celia was most amused to see Alex Winter as a vampire, since she had only known him a Bill from you know what…(Oh, I know Celia finally watched GREMLINS with her mom and she loved it, I’m happy to report.)
Oh and Celia and Effie and I watched STREETS OF FIRE which was also a hit! (WHEW again!) Effie like noticing LEE VING who she recognized from CLUE! She said it’s “Not Mr. Body!” Also, funny to realize how PG STREETS OF FIRE is and what PG was then compared to now…right? Yea the 80’s!!! Good times!
Ok, now here’s the list, NEW MOVIES and RE-SEES! Yup!
- MST3K: THE RETURN: THE LAND THAT TIME FORGOT (1974) | 5/8/17
- WHERE HAVE ALL THE PEOPLE GONE? (1974) | 5/8/17 | Stream
- THE STREET WITH NO NAME (1948) | 5/15/17 | DVD
- MST3K: THE RETURN: THE LOVE OF HERCULES (1960) | 5/18/17 | Netflix
- ALIEN: COVENANT (2017) | 5/20/17 | AMC Monterey Park
- CRIMSON PEAK (2015) | 5/20/17 | HBO Go
- THE JUNGLE BOOK (2016) | 5/26/17 | Netflix
- ANNIE GET YOUR GUN (1950) | 5/27/17 | Rosemead High 24hr Film Fest
- DON’T THINK TWICE (2016) | 5/29/17 | Netflix
- ADRENALINE DRIVE (1999) | 5/30/17 | DVD
- THE IRON HORSE (1924) | 5/31/17 | DVD
- MST3K: THE RETURN: YONGARY (1967) | 5/31/17 | Netflix
- WONDER WOMAN (2017) | 6/1/17 | Vista
- WILD TALES (2014) | 6/4/17 | DVD
- VOICE OF THE KING (2017) | 6/7/17 | NoHo7 | Q&A w/ Bob Miller
- IT COMES AT NIGHT (2017) | 6/8/17 | AMC Monterey Park
- THEM (2006) | 6/18/17 | Amazon Prime
- THE LOST BOYS (1987) | 5/22/17 | DVD (With Celia, she loved it!…whew!)
- ANIMAL CRACKERS (1930) | 5/27/17 | Rosemead High 24hr Film Fest
- ALIENS (1986) | 5/27/17 | Rosemead High 24hr Film Fest
- MAGNIFICENT SEVEN (1960) | 5/27/17 | Rosemead High 24hr Film Fest
- CLUE (1985) | 5/27/17 | Rosemead High 24hr Film Fest
- SPIDER-MAN 2 (2004) | 6/12/17 | CABLE
- WONDER WOMAN (2017) | 6/13/17 | Edwards Alhambra (With Celia and Effie)
- MIDNIGHT MADNESS (1980) | 6/17/17 | YouTube (rental)
- STREETS OF FIRE (1984) | 6/22/17 | DVD (Finished 6/26/17)
- TANK GIRL (1995) | 6/27/17 | Blu-Ray
Oh, I have rented a flick or two just the other day so lookout for a rental round up popping up here soon! I’m hoping I can get my dad out to see BABY DRIVER. Slow and steady I’ll watch those movies! Oh yea, I will!
P.S. – I did watch the entire series of GLOW on Netflix in one day/night! You should check it out too if you like lady leads, wrestling, and good stories! Yup!
Now, what have you been watching?